Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6 Months Old

Hey everyone, big news today, I’m 6 months old today. Dad said that he had a surprise for me today and this morning I found out what it was. Dad woke me up really early and took me out to take care of business and then I ate. After that, Dad made me sit with him and he took my collar off and he gave me my big girl collar! We had to adjust it a few times but we got it to fit me. It is so great to be wearing my new collar; it has a really cool decoration that has my ID and Guide Dogs for the Blind on it! I feel so official now.
Silvana in her Big Girl collar

That wasn’t the only thing that we had planned for the day. Dad took me out of the house at 6:00 this morning and we went on a walk. Only we didn’t keep going around the park, we crossed the street and walked down the other side. As we were walking, I saw other people lined up on the sidewalk and we got in line too. I didn’t know what we were waiting for but the people in the line were really nice and kept smiling at me and telling me I was cute and asking Dad about me. We talked for awhile and then a big bus showed up and the people started to get on. It was our turn and dad told me to go but I was already going. I jumped up the steps and said hello to the driver and then picked out a seat for us. It was a long ride and I was able to take a nap. Before I knew it, Dad was waking me up telling me that it was time to get ready. When the bus stopped, we walked down the aisle and I heard people saying what a good girl I was. We then caught another bus and it took us to the train station. Not the train I rode on before but a much bigger train. It was nice but we had to wait a long time for it to start moving. Once it did, it rumbled and woke me up. Dad said that everything was fine and I went back to sleep.

Silvana on the train on her way to meet grandma and grandpa
We got off of the train in a place called Layton and Dad made a call to someone he was calling Mom. I thought Mom was going to come and get us but a different car came with an older lady in it. Dad opened the door and told me to get in. I didn’t know the lady but I thought she needed kisses so I gave her some. She laughed and told Dad to get this dog off of me. We drove to her house and I figured out that the woman was grandma that Julimae told me about. Then I got to meet grandpa, he really liked me and I liked him. Grandpa kept calling me buddy and chasing my paw with his foot. Both grandma and grandpa told me what a good looking dog I was and how well behaved I was. Dad told them that I was just tired and that was the reason I was being good. I was being good because Dad told me that I had to be good and I didn’t want to disappoint him. When we left, grandpa said that I would have to come back again and to bring Julimae with me.
Our girl at grandma and grandpa's house
On our way home I fell asleep and didn’t wake up until we were in Salt Lake again. Dad told me that we had one more stop and it would be a quick one. I didn’t know that it would be where Dad works during the day. I was pretty excited and I got to meet some people that Dad works with but I didn’t get a chance to try coffee. Dad is hoping that we can go out again and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment