Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My First Outing

I got to go out in public today! It was soooo much fun. First I had to get dressed so Dad selected an adorable green jacket for me to wear. Then we all got into the car and went to Coffee Creations, it is kind of a tradition because Mom knows the owner and all of the other guide dog puppies went there on their first outing. The ride to the shop was really neat because I got to ride with Julimae in the back of the car. Once we got to the shop I got to see Kyle, Rio and Snickers again. We were all wearing the same jacket and we all looked really good. We went in and I got to meet Cindy. I really loved the smell of the shop but I didn't like the slick floors, I fell down a few times because my paws slipped. Everyone thought that was funny. We then posed for pictures, but we just wanted to play once we were all together in a group so the pictures aren't that great.
Silvana and Cindy at the Coffee Shop

Next we all went to the puppy meeting and I got to meet more guide dog puppies. There was Clyde, Breeze, Keiko and Paris who is a career change dog. Mom ran the meeting and she wanted to work on toy and food distractions. This was really mean because I just love food and it was all over the place and I was expected to just walk past the food. Dad wasn't paying attention and I almost got a cracker but dad reminded me that I shouldn't pick up things that are on the ground and I dropped it. All of the other puppies were really good at ignoring the toys and food. They even sat down while they were surrounded by food and they all just left it on the ground like they should have. After puppy class, we brought Keiko home to stay with us and Julimae went to Keiko's house. Mom and Dad told me it was good for guide dogs to spend time at the home of the other puppies. I hope I get to go somewhere soon.
Waiting for Puppy Class to Start

1 comment:

  1. Kyle, Rio, and I loved sharing your first outing with you. That green jacket makes you look adorable and grown up. :)

    ReplyDelete